The Ultimate Guide to NYC’s Summer Restaurant Week
NYC Restaurant Week officially starts tomorrow and you don’t want to miss it. Starting Monday, July 22nd you can try out some of the best eateries this culinary capital has to offer at a discounted price.
At participating restaurants, lunch is $26 for two courses and dinner is $42 for three courses. Restaurant Week ends Friday, Aug. 16. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots around the city and we hope that you give them a try!
Strip House, Downtown and Midtown
Both Strip House locations in Manhattan are offering an impressive $42 three-course dinner menu with items like an 8oz NY Strip Steak “Paillard”, The Big Strip Burger, a Gnocchi Carbonara, Carpaccio of Filet Mignon, and more. The iconic steakhouse’s Midtown location will also have a $26 two-course lunch menu that will feature specials including Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho, Steak Au Poivre, a Pulled BBQ Lamb Sandwich, and more.
Atlantic Grill, Upper West Side
This Upper West Side mainstay can’t be missed during Restaurant Week. The $26 two-course lunch menu will feature dishes like a Sweet Shrimp and Basil Maki Roll and Summer Squash and Shrimp Bucatini. For the restaurant’s $42 three-course dinner menu, don’t miss the Grilled Peaches and Burrata Salad, Faroe Island Crispy Skin Salmon, or the decadent Valrhona Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert.
Tavern on the Green, Central Park West
The iconic Central Park landmark restaurant, Tavern on the Green, will offer a $26 two-course lunch and $42 three-course dinner menus featuring fresh summer favorites, like Watermelon and Feta Salad, Grilled Mango Chicken Kebabs, Pan Roasted Organic Salmon, Peach Melba Cheesecake and more.
Dos Caminos, Multiple Locations
Indulge at all Dos Caminos locations during restaurant week with upscale Mexican fare from executive chef and Hell’s Kitchen winner, Chef Ariel Fox. The award winning restaurant is offering an amazing $26 three-course lunch menu with dishes like Tamal Dumplings, a cheesy Skillet Chimichanga, and Dos’ signature Chicken Enchiladas. The beloved Mexican eatery will also have a $42 three-course dinner menu available with a Pan-Roasted Free Range Chicken, Seared Atlantic Salmon a La Plancha with braised kale, poblano chili verde and epazote crema, and their signature Dark Chocolate Tamal for dessert.
Blue Fin, Times Square
For the Restaurant Week experience in the heart of Times Square, Blue Fin is offering hand crafted sushi and seafood fare with a twist, as well as an assortment of pasta and plenty of dishes for meat lovers. The $26 two-course lunch and $42 three-course dinner menus feature dishes like a Sweet Shrimp and Tuna Maki Roll, Surf & Turf, Lobster Coral and Ricotta Gnocchi, Roasted Salmon with Mango and Jicama Salad, a trio of House Made Sorbets, and much more.
Available for both brunch and dinner, Top Chef Alum and Executive Chef Leah Cohen curated a menu featuring Southeast Asian highlights such as: Baby Back Ribs, Sizzling Corned Beef Hash, Cod wrapped in Banana Leaf, among others. ($26pp / $42pp)
For those looking to indulge in Mexican bites for dinner only, Executive Chef Brad Warner will offer menu favorites such as: Snapper Ceviche, Queso Con Chorizo Fundido, Sweet Corn and Asparagus tacos, Coconut Flan, among others. ($42pp)
Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, The Wayfarer is a perfect spot for those walking to Central Park, going to a show at Radio City Music Hall or getting some shopping in.
The specially curated restaurant week offerings are available between July 22 to August 16 and include, but are not limited to:
- LOCAL HEIRLOOM TOMATO GAZPACHO — coriander oil, crumbled feta
- PRESSED PORCHETTA SANDWICH — marinated pork loin, aged provolone, sage aioli
- GEMELI PASTA — roasted summer vegetables, fresh mozzarella, arugula pesto (option to add chicken)
- SEARED SALMON ROLL — fuji apple, puffed amaranth, yuzu miso
- GRILLED PORK CHOP — braised red cabbage, bacon lardon, pear mustarda
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PERFITEROLES — chocolate ice cream, warm ganache, toasted almond
Leonelli Taberna is an experience you won’t want to miss! Considered one of the top chefs in the country, Jonathan Benno, has prepared a mouth-watering pre-fixe menu in his Roman-inspired trattoria featuring some of his most popular dishes.
Located in the Evelyn Hotel in NoMad, Leonelli Taberna will offer a Restaurant Week Menu from July 22nd through August 16th for both lunch (Two Course Menu $26) and dinner (Three Course Menu $42) in the restaurant lounge and accompanying cocktail bar. The restaurant is open for Lunch Wednesday-Friday, 12pm — 2:30pm and Dinner Monday-Sunday, 5pm — 10pm.
Tom Colicchio’s downtown venture, will be offering an unbeatable menu selection, highlighting a signature seasonal approach with a focus on traditional American and European flavors.
Available Monday-Friday (lunch/dinner) & Sunday (dinner), the two-course lunch is $26 and the three-course dinner is $42. Visit this link and book your table starting July 9th.
Lunch Menu Highlights:
· Summer Squash and Peach Salad — Radishes, Husk Cherry Chutney, Cloumage, Spiced Pecans
· Chicken Liver and Foie Gras Pate — Cherries, Citrus Mostarda and Grilled Country
· Atlantic Salmon — Heirloom Grains, Squash, Saffron, Lemon Verbena, Mussels
· Chicken Paillard — Corn, Cranberry Beans, Shitake, Peppers
· Wagyu Chopped Steak — Maitake, Balsamic Onion, Blue Cheese, Watercress on Potato Brioche
· Blueberry Upside Down Cake — Lavender and White Chocolate
Dinner Menu Highlights:
· Smoked Pork Terrine — Peach Mostarda, Leeks, Parsley and Grilled Country Bread
· Veal Sweatbread — Corn, Shitake, Bacon, Pickled Watermelon, Black Garlic and Sherry Sauce
· Maine Lobster — Chanterelle, Corn, Green Garlic and Tarragon
· Bacon Wrapped Rabbit — Swiss Chard, Black Chickpeas, Sicilian Pistachio
· Smoked Short Ribs — Onion Soubise, Peppers and Broccoli Pesto
· Baked Alaska — Chocolate and Pecan