The Ultimate Cocktail & Spirit List You’ll Need For Your Holiday Parties This Season
We love raising a glass during the holidays–who doesn’t? But it can be difficult to sift through the tons of Christmas cocktail recipes out there to find the best holiday cocktail recipes that fit your holiday party needs. So this year, we’ve done the work for you, and collected our very favorite festive holiday cocktail recipes–the ones that guests will be begging you to show them how to make.
With all of these options, you’re sure to find some easy holiday cocktails to enjoy this season.
Fun Holiday Recipes:
SCOTCH EGG-NOG CLUB
Created by Matt Tides, Bacardi USA Portfolio Ambassador, Central Region (Chicago based)
4 egg yolks
2 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1–400ml can of full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar (granulated or super fine)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of allspice
1/2 cup DEWAR’S 12-Year-Old Blended Scotch Whisky
2 ounces Benedictine Liqueur
Using a bowl and a mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/4 cup of sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, full-fat coconut milk, Dewar’s 12 Blended Scotch whisky, Benedictine liqueur, ginger and allspice and stir to combine. Chill and serve with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
DEWAR’S HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 parts DEWAR’S 12-Year-Old Blended Scotch Whisky
- 3–4 parts hot cocoa
- Whipped Cream
In an Irish coffee glass, combine Dewar’s White Label with hot cocoa/hot chocolate; top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Created by Dante mixologist, Naren Young
1 oz. Martini & Rossi Rosso
1 oz. Martini & Rossi Riserva Speciale Bitter
METHOD: Build on 3 ice cubes
Top with Martini & Rossi Prosecco
GLASS: Stemmed Goblet
GARNISH: Orange wedge on skewer + edible gold
DISARONNO SPECIAL ANGELA 20
1 oz DISARONNO
1 oz vodka
1 oz lemon juice
3 oz ginger beer
Add all ingredients aside from ginger beer into a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into rocks glass with fresh ice. Top with ginger beer and garnish with lemon zest.
10 KLONDIKE Ice Cream Bar Pairings with Wine and Beer
Pairing your favorite foods with wine and beer is some of the fun of being a dedicated foodie. And now, Klondike ice cream bars teamed up with experts that include The Wine Siren and Victory Point Brewery to craft a list of “Top 10 Ultimate Booze & Klondike Bar Pairings.” These great ideas are just in time for your fall and winter get-togethers.
There are rich and nutty blends like Klondike S’mores and Oktoberfest, to refreshingly juicy combos like Klondike Dark Chocolate and brut rosé. There’s a pairing for a wide variety of tastes and styles. For more expert tips, check out Fatherly.com
Here’s the full list of pairings for inspiration:
o Klondike Original and Blonde Ale
o Klondike Brownie Fudge Swirl and Milk Stout
o Klondike Neapolitan and Imperial Stout
o Rocky Road and Dry Stout
o Klondike Krunch and IPA
o Klondike S’mores with Oktoberfest Lager
o Klondike Dark Chocolate with Brut Rosé
o Klondike Caramel Pretzel with Muscat
o Klondike Mint Chocolate Chip with Australian Shiraz
o Klondike Cookie Dough with Demi Sec Champagne
Russell’s Reserve Old Fashioned
Ocean Prime New York is currently holds a customized Russell’s Reserve bourbon barrel made specifically based on the restaurants guest’s whiskey and bourbon drinking patterns.
This particular bourbon has a harmonious nose of caramel apples, vanilla, white spice, orange peel, toffee, red cherry and nutmeg, making a perfect bourbon to complement Ocean Prime New York’s Old Fashioned. Especially warm and inviting for the winter months, the cocktail features Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel-Private Collection, Aperol, Simple Syrup, Angostura Bitters and an Orange Peel.
Garnish: Orange Peel on Glass
Prep Glass: Beaker
Service Glass: Highball
2 ¼ oz. Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel-Private Collection
¼ oz. Aperol
½ oz. Simple Syrup
12 drops Angostura bitters (or ¼ dropper full)
- Combine all ingredients in mixing glass.
- Add ice to mixing glass.
- Stir to chill (about 15 seconds).
- Strain into highball over large ice cube (if available) or three pellets.
1oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
0.5oz Martini Ambrato Vermouth
0.5oz St Germain
2 dashes Orange bitters
0.5oz Simple syrup
0.5 grams Citric acid
1oz Pectin clarified cucumber juice
Garnish with a small pinch of dusted silver flakes
1.5oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
0.75oz Lemon juice
0.5oz citrus Oleo — 2 tbsp. white sugar. 1 Lemon peel / 1 Orange peels / pinch dried coconut / 1 Pineapple cube.
0.5oz Earl grey tea
1.25oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
1oz Fresh Pineapple juice
0.5oz Lemon juice
2 dashes Chocolate bitters
1 barspoons Maraschino liqueur
0.5oz sweetened Chai tea
Garnish with homemade coconut & truffle salted sour candy.
1.25oz Bombay Sapphire EAST Gin
300ml Fresh ginger juice
300ml fresh Apple juice.
20 fresh mint leaves
1oz Fresh Basil leaves measurements per 32oz House soda mix.
150ml fresh Lime juice
Method: Clarify ingredients using soda stream. Served over large ice cube.
MOËT RING MASTER
2 ½ oz. Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut
1 oz. Apple Juice
½ oz. Hennessy VSOP Cognac
½ oz. Agave Nectar
½ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
Orange, Lemon, & Lime Garnishes
Method: Add all ingredients (except Moët) to mixing glass. Add large ice, shake vigorously, add Moët Imperial. Tumble roll back and forth one time to mix in the champagne, and double strain over fresh ice into a highball glass. Garnish with three different size rings of Orange, Lemon and Lime perched inside each other on the edge of the glass.
2 ½ oz. Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut
¼ oz. Ardbeg Single Malt Scotch
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 ¼ oz. Simple Syrup
Flamed Orange Peel Garnish
Glassware: Cocktail Coup (old Champagne Coup)
Method: Place all ingredients (except Moët) into a mixing tin, add large ice, shake vigorously, add Moët Imperial, tumble roll back and forth one time to mix in Champagne, double strain into a champagne coup glass, garnish with flamed orange peel and serve.
THE MOËT 75
“The Moët 75” is an homage to the Globe’s special anniversary. Elegant yet easy to make at home, “The Moët 75” cocktail embodies the effervescence, glamour and magic of cinema, celebrating over seven and a half decades of the Golden Globes.
4 oz. Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut Champagne
1 oz. Volcan Tequila
2 oz. Fresh Blood Orange Juice
1 oz. Honey
PREPERATION: Shake tequila, fresh blood orange juice and honey into a cocktail shaker and mix until honey is dissolved. Pour mixture into a modern tulip glass. Gently pour chilled Champagne. Garnish with a candied blood orange slice or fresh blood orange slice.
SERVED: Straight up; without ice
GARNISH: Candied blood orange slice or fresh blood orange slice
Gin and Flowers, Courtesy of Hudson’s at Pier 81
2 oz Hendricks
1 oz St. Germain
1 oz Cherry Herring
1 oz Agave
2 oz Strawberry Puree
Cherry & Strawberry Garnish
What a Night, Courtesy of Hudson’s at Pier 81
2oz Tito’s Vodka
4oz Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
Gingerbread Lemonade, Courtesy of Hudson’s at Pier 81
2 oz Citron Vodka
1 oz Ginger Bread Liquere
1 oz Lemon Juice
1 oz Simple Syrup
2 oz Sprite
Eggless Nog, Courtesy of Hudson’s at Pier 81
1 (3 ½ oz) Vanilla pudding
1 ½ qt Whole Milk
2 oz Vanilla Extract
½ tsp nutmeg
1 oz. Baileys
2 oz. Bumbu Rum
Are We There Yet, Courtesy of Hudson’s at Pier 81
1 oz St. Germain
1 oz Bombay Sapphire
Sen Sakana’s Aged Spiked Egg Nog
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cup Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
- Spoonful of Algarrobina
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to serve
- Separate the eggs: Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another. Cover the whites and freeze.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar: Combine the yolks and the sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk by hand, or with a mixer, until the mixture is smooth and creamy, and it has lightened to a lemon-yellow color.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and liquor Pour the milk, cream, and liquor into the bowl with the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate: Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. The more liquor you add, the longer it will keep — eggnog with 1/2 to 1 cup of liquor will keep for several days; and eggnog with 1 1/2 cups of liquor will keep for several weeks and continue aging and thickening quite nicely. (If aging for longer than a few days, transfer the eggnog to a sealed glass container or a mason jar.)
- Whisk the egg whites: Just before serving, whisk the reserved egg whites in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the eggnog: Transfer the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the eggnog and gently fold or stir the whites into the base — this gives the eggnog a frothy, extra-creamy texture. Some of the egg whites will also float to the top, like cappuccino foam.
- Serve the eggnog: Transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or punch bowl and add a spoonful of Algarrobina. Serve in individual glasses with a grating of nutmeg over top.
Spirits That You Should Have On Your Bar:
Always a party favorite, Grey Goose is very versatile and makes the perfect vodka to have on your holiday bar this season when you’re entertaining. We recommend that you make the Grey Goose Espresso Martini and Grey Goose Le Fizz cocktail for your guests.
Moët Impérial The Greatest Entertainer Gift Box
In partnership with 20th Century Fox’s holiday hit movie The Greatest Showman,a film inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, Moët & Chandon’s limited edition gift box is the perfect offering for any movie or Hollywood fan.
A distinct, unique vodka produced from seasonal cows’ whey in the pristine natural environment of Reporoa, New Zealand
- Crisp and clean taste like no other and is gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free and without any chemical additives
- Production Notes: Distilled just three times before being filtered through carbon to strip out any impurities and is then blended with natural spring water found in the most isolated parts of New Zealand
- Tasting Notes: Exciting aromas of salted caramel, fresh fig, bright citrus, and earthy blossom rise from the glass
- Begins with the purity of Código Blanco, then is rested for 1 month in uncharred Napa Cabernet French White Oak barrels
- Rosa barrels are left uncharred, allowing the Cabernet to interact directly with the tequila imparting a subtle pink hue and light floral finish
- Production Notes: Only the finest Napa Cabernet French White Oak barrels are sourced to age the Rosa
- Tasting Notes: Leads with bright agave character and finishes with the soft floral notes of Cabernet
For the tequila aficionado who appreciates the art of handcraft.
- Código 1530 Añejo has been lauded by Tequila experts as the finest Añejo tequila available.
- A private recipe refined over many generations by an artisan distilling family in Amatitán.
- Aged for 18 months in the finest Napa Cabernet French White Oak barrels.
For those who enjoy history, a tasteful cocktail, and good conversation. The perfect gift for a whiskey connoisseur. Only 4,500 bottles created each year, each bottle numbered and signed.
- Production Notes: Aged 16 years in two types of wood. Distilled three times in traditional onion-shaped copper pot stills. The placed in oak casks, formerly used for bourbon.
- Tasting Notes: Aromas of rich, fruity, nutty, and malty. The taste of powerful and complex. Dusty dark chocolate and woody vanilla notes, with a slight peppery background and some sweetness. The finish gives nice shared, fruity maltiness, with some sweetness and dark chocolate lingering.
Lock Stock & Barrel 18 Year
This release is one of the finest and most complex straight ryes available today. It is clean and bold, yet smooth and flavorful, and is one of the oldest straight rye whiskeys to ever be introduced as 18 is the oldest age statement to be given to a straight rye whiskey. The striking matte black glass bottle, embossed label and wood cork closure, exudes luxury and richness while paying homage to the bygone era of illicit saloons and bootleggers of frontier America.
Zirkova One+Together is meticulously handcrafted in two expressions — Zirkova One (to be sipped straight, neat, on the rocks or in a martini) & Zirkova Together (which marries the flavors with which it’s mixed for cocktails), and is produced by merging centuries old techniques with modern day technology, using quadruple distillation, the purest artisan spring water, and the finest center-cut Ukrainian wheat and rye spirits. And yet, Zirkova One+Together the premium grain vodka with a quality and characteristic that is distinctive and all its own.
Bombay Sapphire Holiday Gift Tin
Bombay Sapphire is a 100% London Dry Gin, created with a unique combination of ten hand-selected botanicals, sourced from around the globe. The brand’s signature vapour infusion process combined with its refined and perfectly balanced taste propel Bombay Sapphire to remain at the forefront of craft cocktail culture across the globe. Perfect for the gin aficionados, the limited-edition holiday tin is the perfect collectors gift.
Slow & Low Rock and Year 6 Year
Hochstadter’s Slow & Low Rock and Rye is based on America’s original bottled cocktail — “rock and rye” — and takes its inspiration from the Hochstadter label’s pre-prohibition era recipe. Union made by the local 500 in the Kensington Neighborhood of Philadelphia, Slow & Low is committed to sourcing the finest ingredients, combining straight rye whiskey, air-dried navel oranges from Florida, 100 percent raw honey from Western Pennsylvania, Angostura Bitters and a small dose of rock candy.
Sand Castle Winery
Sand Castle Winery is one of the largest vineyard’s located on the East Coast of the United States. It is also recognized as one of the current top modern and innovative wine production developers in the country by the many who boast the vineyard’s highly exclusive recipe’s and grape growing methods.
The Grand Castle, a known landmark of the local Buck’s County, is located in the beautiful and up-and-coming area of Erwinna, Pennsylvania, where wine connoisseurs can spend the day tasting the vineyard’s highly exclusive selections of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Johannesburg Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Dry Rose.
The location intertwines both the cool and bright sunny consistency of Pennsylvania climate and its tough rocky soil acts as a naturally captivating getaway for any experienced wine influencer, or just general lover. Sand Castle wines are created exclusively using the best European vinifera grape varieties and are all estate nurtured, grown, and bottled. Sand Castle’s seedlings were originally cloned from a very specific European stock, carefully hand-selected from the Mosel Valley of Germany and the Burgundy and Bordeaux districts of France. It’s roots are of the finest natural resources that make up some of the world’s most luxurious wine varieties.