The best outdoor dining in Montauk that you can still enjoy this summer
Who doesn’t love a nice drive out to the scenic serenity that Montauk has to offer. We wanted to make sure that if you are planing a visit that you must check out these hot places during your stay: Montauk Beach House, Sole East, and Ruschmeyer’s.
Montauk Beach House
This summer, with the help of their new executive chef Salvatore Olivella, Montauk Beach House launched BEACH HOUSE GRILL. Chef Olivella highlights his specialty, Roman Style Pizza, as well as some delicious dishes from the grill. Some stand out items include:
- Thin Crust Focaccia and Whipped Ricotta
- Tuna Tartare with Mango Guacamole
- Hawaiian Style Short Ribs
- Pizza Truffata with caramelized onions, mixed Italian cheese, and fresh truffles.
- Pizza Diavola with fresh mozzarella, Brooklyn pepperoni, spicy honey, and red pepper flakes.
On Wednesdays, the Beach House Grill will be hosting a pizza happy hour with half-price pies!
Some of the alcohol offerings include:
- Mezcalita cocktail, made with Illegal Mezcal, Ancho Reyes, agave, fresh lime juice, and a chili salt rim.
- Montauk Make Out cocktail, with Absolut Elyx, Aloe Vera liquor, fresh-squeezed watermelon juice, fresh lime juice
- Pineapple Express made with Don Papa Rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Frosè made with LO-FI, strawberry purée, lemon juice, and Fleur de Mer rosé wine.
- MTK Brewery Beers, Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner + Spiked Seltzers as well.
Cocktails will be available in 750ml bottles or individual pouches, with wine available by the bottle. Beer will also be available by the can or six-pack. Or you can enjoy some in person!
The team at Montauk Beach House has also launched brunch, equipped with Italian Toast with Sweet Ricotta and Balsamic Reduction, and the Hungover Pizza.
The bar will be serving all the Montauk Beach House favorites as well as some brunch specials including Watermelon-Jalapeño Margarita, Spicy Bloody Mary, and a new alcoholic Matcha Kombucha.
Brunch will be offered on Sundays from 11AM-5PM, reservations are required and can be made via Resy.
Ruschmeyer’s, the iconic restaurant and hotel located in Montauk, is serving the Montauk community until at least November this year. With the season starting late and people opting to stay out East, Ruschmeyer’s will be following suit.
With over 10,000 square feet of space for dining, Ruschmeyer’s is the perfect place to dine while distancing.
The menu, curated by Executive Chef Giuseppe Lentini and Enzo Lentini of Ruschmeyer’s, is Mediterranean inspired with deep Italian roots and boasts impressive champagne and wine selection. The dining area has 27 tables spaced 15-feet apart ensuring that social-distancing guidelines are enforced
Some stand out items include:
- Fresh Montauk Calamari pan-fried with Pablo breadcrumbs.
- Fresh Seafood Salad made to order with fresh shrimp, scallops, calamari, octopus, roasted red peppers, celery, mint, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon.
- Colossal Shrimp Cocktail, a quarter-pound each, served with freshly shaved horseradish in Ruschmeyer’s spicy house cocktail sauce.
- Local Fresh Oysters.
- Artisan pasta from Gragnano Naples including
- Linguini Frutti di Mare with shrimp, scallops, calamari, and mussels in a light tomato sauce.
- Spaghetti Con Tonno with Sicilian tuna, tomato, and capers
- Rigatoni Bolognese with 100% beef short rib in a red meat sauce.
- Entrees from the grill & wood-burning oven including:
- Whole Roasted Belle & Evans Chicken
- Zuppa di Pesce, a combination of fresh fish and shellfish in a light tomato and white wine broth.
The menu also includes Neapolitan pizza from Ruschmeyer’s wood-burning oven, as well as a myriad of Mediterranean specialties sure to satisfy any guest. Their mozzarella is made fresh in-house as well.
Ruschmeyer’s has also incorporated some amazing weekday specials serving the community:
Tuesday’s — Taco Tuesday
Buy one get one free margarita from 5–10:30PM
Wednesday’s — Italian Family Style Dinner
$19.95/person, enjoy spaghetti and meatballs and a complimentary bottle of rosé for the table
Thursday’s — Family Style Steak Night
Includes steak and appetizers served family-style for $50/person
Sunday’s — Lobster Bake
Including 2-pound lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, fresh corn and potatoes for $75/person
They’ve also introduced the ONLY loaded lobster roll in MTK:
The ONLY loaded Lobster Roll in Montauk, each serving is made from half a fresh, locally caught, lobster, and includes bacon bits, French fries, butter and the chef’s special sauce.
BACKYARD RESTAURANT at Solé East
The restaurant under the direction of a high profile NYC chef features a holistic approach to seasonal cuisine and a healthy lifestyle. We are all about good, wholesome, fresh, natural ingredients and sourced organic meats, locally farmed vegetables, and fresh catch from the Montauk local fishermen. Offering breakfast, lunch, dinner & a tapas-style poolside menu.
BACKYARD RESTAURANT is open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Reservations can be made on Open Table.