Summer is around the corner and the Hamptons is calling! Gurney’s Montauk Beach Resort & Seawater Spa, a mainstay on the east end, is rolling out updates and can’t-miss programs new for the 2019 season. Its sister property Gurney’s Star Island Resort & Marina is poised to open in May, providing an opportunity for Gurney’s guests to extend their experience with a sunset sail or Sunday brunch.
Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
- For the first time since Gurney’s relaunched a few years back, every single room on property has been completely renovated, refreshed, and updated. This winter, the cottages and foredeck rooms had a head to toe update. The cottages, four extremely private and distinct accommodations right on the beach, are ready to welcome guests with a new look and feel.
- Entertainment will be more varied and exciting than ever. Last year, Gurney’s introduced beachfront Lobster Bakes that were such a hit, they’ll be revived this year every Thursday! The Beach Club will have daily DJs and premier DJs on the weekends, and there will be live music and DJ sets by the firepit most nights in the summer.
- The Seawater Spa is being updated this year and set to be complete after the summer. The new aspects include a kids’ play area; hot, cold, and jetted plunge pools; and five spa treatment rooms with terraces for waterfront massages.
Gurney’s Star Island Resort & Marina
- The brand’s third resort location opens in May, just in time for Memorial Day Weekend! Rates are starting at $295/night. Take a first look at the Renderings here.
- The marina is massive, with 232 slips available for the yachting community. Boaters who dock at Gurney’s Star Island have full access to the amenities and services of the resort, including dockside F&B service delivered via bicycle! Guests are invited to complimentary sunset cruises from the marina weekly!
- Showfish is a brand new fresh-fish concept run by Gurney’s, with a vegetable butcher and lobster aquarium for an Instagrammable atmosphere. Showfish will be known as the place to be for Sunday brunch.
- The Kid’s Club will have an educational emphasis, run in partnership with Cornell. Notable programs include shellfish sanctuary learnings, deposition, water quality and more, all free to guests.
- The Pool Club atmosphere will be family-friendly, energetic and fun, with DJs on the weekend.
- There will be connectivity between the resorts with a shuttle to and from Gurney’s Montauk to Gurney’s Star Island, and offering Star Island guests access to that private 2,000 ft beach!