Porchlight Toasts New Year’s Eve With “Camp Porchlight: Winter Lodge” To Greet 2018 With Fun, Fur & Flannel
Porchlight, a New York bar with a Southern accent, today announces “Camp Porchlight: Winter Lodge” to ring in 2018, complete with snow-capped fir tree branches. It features a dozen ski-saluting cocktails, including Decadent Eggnog and Hot Holiday Punch and fireside fare like Lamb Meatball Sliders and Chocolate Fondue. Live bluegrass, blues and mountain music fills the air, while a midnight bubbly toast celebrates New Year’s Eve in Porchlight’s cozy style.
“Camp Porchlight: Winter Lodge” takes place at Porchlight on December 31, 2017 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets are $175 per person, inclusive of all food, beverage and Porchlight’s genial hospitality, and available at https://campporchlight.splashthat.com/.
“With lots of people hitting the slopes this time of year, we are channeling a snuggly, après-ski experience in the heart of West Chelsea with Camp Porchlight: Winter Lodge,” says Mark Maynard-Parisi, Creator of Porchlight. “It’s a great New Year’s Eve alternative that expresses our warm hospitality and brings on flavor and good times.”
“Our guests loved the nostalgia and totally relaxed vibe that made our first Camp Porchlight such a success last year,” says Michael Shain, General Manager, Porchlight. “With Winter Lodge, we are keeping that element in place and giving it a seasonal make-over. Instead of summer camp in Vermont, think snowy chalet in Aspen. No tuxes and gowns, it’s flannel and comfy boots.”
Ski-Saluting Libations and Fireside-Inspired Fare
Decadent Eggnog and a Hot Holiday Punch will be served throughout the evening, along with 10 original cocktails by Porchlight’s bartending team, created under the direction of Head Bartender Nicholas Bennett. The following is a sampling:
- Long Underwear — Hendrick’s Gin, Green Chartreuse, Citrus, Raspberry Vanilla Syrup
- Yellowstone Warming Hut — Milagro Tequila, Cocchi Americano, Suze, Peach, Sparkling Wine
- Hudson Spice Trade — Hudson Manhattan Rye, Monkey Shoulder Blended Scotch, Batavia Arrack, Galliano, Cinnamon, Clove
- Blue Mountain Coconut — Reyka Vodka, Milagro Tequila, Coconut, Ginger, Jalapeño, Lemon, Blue Curaçao
- Homestead Lift — Tullamore DEW Irish Whiskey, Brown Butter-Infused Apple Brandy, Amaro Nonino, Holiday Spice Syrup
- Faux Fir — A Hendrick’s Gin and Douglas Fir Brandy-Based Julep
In addition, guests will forage for Truffle Martinis, with the lucky discoverers adding a touch of libational luxury to their already festive evening.
The drinks will be accompanied by passed hors d’oeuvres and stick-to-your-ribs, fireside fare by Porchlight’s Chef Anton Nocito:
- Hush Puppies — Foie Gras & Pear Purée
- Lamb Meatball Sliders — Caramelized Onion & Smoked Date Ketchup
- Grain and Chicory Salad — Ancient Grains, Bitter Greens, Apple, Raisin, Vinaigrette
- Braised Short Ribs — Pomegranate Glaze
- Roasted Beet Salad — Citrus, Rosemary, Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- Seafood Stew — Shellfish, Saffron, Tomato
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower — Garlic Herb Breadcrumbs
- The Butcher’s Block — Cured Meat, Cheese, Terrine and All the Fixin’s
- Crudité and Vegetable Terrines — Seasonal dips and spreads
No Camp Porchlight experience is complete without ample desserts:
- Baked Apples
- Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Fondue
Live Music, a Scavenger Hunt and a Midnight Bubbly Toast
Boo Reiner and Elena Skye, accompanied by Sara Milonovich, Ivan “Funkboy” Bodley and Jason Pharr, bring their exuberant bluegrass, blues and country music stylings. Other entertainment includes a scavenger hunt and other party games, vintage ski movies, a midnight countdown and a toast with mini-bottles of bubbly for each guest.
A Going-Away Treat to Keep Warm & Toasty
As always, good campers will also receive a special treat when they pack up for the night, in this case something that will no doubt keep them warm and toasty on New Year’s Day.
Suggested Attire: Cozy Winter Casual
In place of tuxedos and gowns, the suggested attire for “Camp Porchlight: Winter Lodge” is jeans, flannel shirts, puffy down vests, snow boots and a scarf. Ski goggles are strictly optional.