Lot 15' from Chris Barish & Julie Mulligan of Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer is officially open
Officially open to the public earlier this week, power couple Chris Barish and wife Julie Mulligan behind The Lookup rooftop and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer launch their second newest concept — a cocktail lounge that reimagines old-world New York — ‘Lot 15’, located at Kixby hotel (45 W. 35th St.)
Designed by Rockwell Group, the dim-lit lounge seats 70 guests with a 360° center bar for 12. Dressed with charred black wood walls with pops of gold and burgundy, long continuous banquettes and high top seating is placed throughout the lounge for Manhattanites to enjoy both craft cocktails and indulgent fare, while sitting amongst original artwork from Contemporary Muralist Fumero as a nod to pop culture and grafstract expressionism.
As Herald Square’s newest multi-destination, Executive Chef Stephen Parker’s menu evokes nostalgia through classic dishes with modern-day twists with small and large plates; highlights include:
- Crispy Chicken Skins ($10) — bite size hot skins with a honey drizzle
- House Roasted Turkey Club ($38) — stacked high with smoked bacon, egg, parmigiano Reggiano, beefsteak tomato, watercress, miso garlic aioli
- Skillet Truffle Mac & Cheese ($12) — conchiglie with chives, truffle and bread crumbs mixed tableside
- Wagyu Steak Sandwich ($22) — roasted & sliced with peppers, onions, horseradish, watercress
- Kale Caesar ($12) — tossed tableside with serrano chilies, lime, bread crumbs
To compliment the culinary offerings, the beverage program showcases familiar yet sophisticated options curated by mixologist Cameron Shaw who worked under the likes of Pamela Wiznitzer.
Highlights include: a vegan Whiskey Sour with bonded bourbon and aquafaba, a Lemon-Drop Martini with dry orange curacao; a sky blue Aviation which is a build on the prototype of the Last Word ; an Airmail Daiquiri and French 75 lovechild with honey, in addition to a beer and wine selection. (prices start at $16)