Layla Sleep, a direct-to-consumer bedding brand taking a customer-forward approach to product design, has launched a new innovation in the sleep world several years in the making: the flippable Layla Hybrid Mattress. Taking careful consideration throughout the design and testing process, the Layla Hybrid is largely a direct result of consumer feedback as a unique solution to common sleep ailments.
“We’ve been continuing to evolve our collection of sleep products after the launch of our first mattress in 2016 through a combination of innovative technology and simply listening to our customers,” said Akrum Sheikh, Co-Founder of Layla Sleep. “We’ve been asking consumers what they’re looking for that they feel they don’t already have in a mattress, and the biggest takeaway is that people aren’t waking up feeling rejuvenated or rested, so when they finally do sleep on a product that can do that for them, it’s life-changing,” he continued.
Made in the USA, the Layla Hybrid combines Infinity Edge coils with copper-infused memory foam for a winning combination of plush firmness and pocketed coils. As the first D2C bedding brand to recognize the benefits of copper, this innovative, natural element is present throughout the bed. In signature Layla Sleep style, the flippable mattress features two sides to suit every kind of sleeper and cushions the Hybrid’s additional five layers, shown from top to bottom below:
- Cover — Soft Side: a super-soft fabric, breathable material, integrated handles for easy flipping, and zipper for easy removal to clean
- Copper-Gel Memory Foam #1: a 2.5" layer of soft and plush feeling memory foam for those who prefer the soft side, rapid cooling and body heat transfer, Variable Support for deep compression areas, and an antimicrobial odor control to keep you sleeping fresh
- Max Airflow Support Foam #1: 2” layer of deep channels for maximum cooling and a zoned Surface Modification Technology (SMT) for customized support to conform to each individual’s body
- Infinity Edge™ Individually Wrapped Coils System: Thick, 6” layer of pocketed coils for maximum motion control and a double coil perimeter for superior edge support
- Max Airflow Support Foam #2: 1.5” layer of deep channels for maximum cooling and a zoned Surface Modification Technology (SMT) for customized support to conform to each individual’s body
- Copper-Gel Memory Foam #2: 1" layer of firm and supportive feeling memory foam for those who prefer the firm side, rapid cooling and body heat transfer, Variable Support for deep compression areas, and an antimicrobial odor control to keep you sleeping fresh
- Cover — Firm Side: a super-soft fabric, breathable material, integrated handles for easy flipping, and zipper for easy removal to clean
“Body and, maybe more importantly, mind need to be recharged every single night, and the Hybrid Mattress has so many different ways to do this, from flippable capabilities to the copper-infused memory foam and our seven-layers of painstakingly curated design, we want this mattress to fit as many types of sleepers as possible, so they become their best awake self in their daily lives,” he concluded.
The Layla Sleep Hybrid Mattress retails between $999 (sale price) for a Twin and $1599 (sale price) for a California King, and comes with a 120 night money back guarantee, 10 years warranty and free shipping.