Indulge In Some Downtown Japanese Cuisine At Megu
Megu, located at 355 W 16th St., is situated in a posh subterranean setting beneath the iconic Dream Downtown hotel. The menu is filled with delicious and unique takes on iconic Japanese cuisine such as
- Wagyu Gyoza with foie gras mousse, chives, ginger. and sesame
- Edamame Lollipop made with a special Megu spice blend and tahini yogurt
- Nori Salmon Belly Taco with crispy nori shell, ponzu, jicama, and avocado.
- Rare Seared Scottish Salmon with orange-avocado salsa, crispy rice, and Asian pear.
- Goma Crusted Tuna with pickled pear onions and red beet watercress.
Another culinary call out for Megu is their Kagero Yaki, flambe tableside and served with truffle kabayaki sauce; guests can choose from Miyazaki A5 Ribeye, Filet Mignon or Skirt Steak. Special menus are available such as their Restaurant Week 2018 Menu and Valentine’s Day Menu.
The ambiance and décor of Megu are as sophisticated and allure as their food. The infinity-mirrored staircase and art-deco light installations at the entrance welcome guests into the Kimono Room Bar and Lounge. The visual tapestry of exotic Asian motifs set against a backdrop of customizable lights and 3-D activated provide guests with a dining experience seldom achieved. The scroll-laden suite where the sushi bar is located gives guests a front-row seat to the action or can serve as a private dining area.
This year, Megu will be introducing a slew of new happenings such as partnerships, live music nights, new menu items, and more! Megu will continue to be the place to see and be seen and enjoy high quality and delicious food and sushi.
Megu was reopened by Jon Bakhshi, who also owns Beautique restaurant, in September of 2016. From there, it has quickly become a must-go for celebrities and foodies alike.