Throw the ultimate Grammy watching party and let your friends pick the cocktail that fits their favorite nomination. From Kacey Musgraves’ album, The Golden Hour to Black Panther’s album, there’s a cocktail for each one.
The Golden Happy Hour
Sip with cowboy boots on as you cheer on Kacey Musgraves for her Album of the Year, “Golden Hour.”
- 2.5 oz Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 oz SVEDKA Vanilla
- 1 tsp honey syrup (2:1 honey:water, mixed well)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 2 tsp edible gold flake
Combine liquid ingredients and 1 tsp gold leaf with ice in a mixing glass. Stir with ice and strain over fresh ice (large cube preferable) in a rocks glass. Sprinkle remaining tsp of gold leaf decoratively over cocktail.
Invasion of Prosecco
Twerk while sipping for Cardi B’s nomination for Album of the Year, “Invasion of Privacy.”
· 4 parts chilled Ruffino Prosecco
· 1 part pear juice
· 1 strip of blood orange peel
· 1 strip of lemon peel
Place lemon and orange peel into the bottom of a flute. Pour in pear nectar, filling 1/3 full. Top off with Ruffino Prosecco and a lemon and orange peel for garnish
If you feel like singing a duet with the love of your life, drink this for Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper for their Song of the Year nomination, “Shallow.”
· ½ part sugar
· ½ part water
· 1 ripe strawberries
· ½ part basil leaves, torn
· 1/8 part lime juice
· 1 part Ruffino Sparkling Rosé, chilled
· Basil leaves and strawberries, to garnish
In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil, cook 2 minutes. Crush the strawberries well with the bottom of a jar or your hands. Add the basil and strawberries to the hot sugar syrup, cover and let cool at least 30 mins. Strain the syrup and add the lime juice. Add 1 ounce of strawberry syrup to a coupe or wine glass. Top with Ruffino Sparkling Rosé. Garnish with basil leaves and some sliced fresh strawberries if desired. TIPS: Strain and refrigerate the covered syrup up to 1 week. Try this breezy cocktail with raspberries or other seasonal soft fruit in place of the strawberries.
Dance like no one’s watching to Drake’s hit of the year, “God’s Plan.”
· 1.5 oz Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
· 0.75 oz triple sec
· 0.5 oz lime juice
· 0.5 oz pomegranate juice
· Orange peel
Combine all ingredients, except orange peel, into mixing glass and stir.
Strain into glass over ice.
Finish with flamed orange peel.
Toast to Wakanda and to the Album of the Year nomination for “Black Panther.”
2 oz Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
1 oz lime juice
1 oz grapefruit juice
0.5 oz agave nectar
Place Casa Noble, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and agave nectar into shaker with ice.
Shake until chilled. Strain into glass over ice (salt or lime-and-chili powder rim optional), top with sparkling water, and swirl. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
SVEDKA Mules and Bentleys
Post up on your couch and vibe to Post Malone in honor of his Grammy nomination for Album of the Year, “Beerbongs and Bentleys.”
- 2 parts SVEDKA Vodka
- 2 lime wedges
- 4 parts ginger beer
Squeeze lime wedges into a Collins glass and fill with ice. Pour in SVEDKA Vodka and top with cold ginger beer. Garnish with lime wedges.
In My Blood Julep
Drool over Shawn Mendes’ amazing vocals in the Grammy nominated Song of the Year, “In My Blood” with this refreshing cocktail
- 2 parts SVEDKA Raspberry
- ½ part simple syrup
- Splash of club soda
- 9 mint leaves
Build in a rocks glass. Muddle mint lightly and add SVEDKA Raspberry and simple syrup. Fill with finely crushed ice. Garnish with a mint leaf and/or raspberries.
Cue the Charles Smith Wines lineup. Like your favorite music group, each offering in the Charles Smith portfolio plays an integral role in the Washington-state band of wines that are enjoyed in homes nationwide:
- The 2018 Band of Roses Rosé (SRP $12.99) — The lead singer. The front (wo)man for the band. Released just last year, this is the newcomer everyone has their eyes on with its pale pink flavor and crisp flavors of guava and tangerine.
- The 2017 Kung Fu Girl Riesling (SRP $12.99) — Lead guitar. The melodic heartbeat of the group that at times is the star of the show with her kick ass flavors of peach and apricot and high-level attitude.
- The 2017 Velvet Devil Merlot (SRP $12.99) — Keyboard player. The fun, playful one with a solid repertoire that bangs out velvety notes of black fruit and tobacco.
- The 2016 Eve Chardonnay (SRP $12.99) — Bass guitar, the musician’s musician. As stylish as she is technical, this lady features tempting flavors of crisp Washington apple.
- The 2016 Boom Boom Syrah! (SRP $17.99) — Drums. Bold and loud while keeping rhythm for the band, this spicy Syrah has been one of Washington state’s signature wines since 2007.
- The 2015 Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauvignon (SRP $14.99) — Rhythm guitar. Its classic stylings set the tone for the band, holding true to the old-world wine-making style from Bordeaux.