Get Ready For Summer With Hotspots From The Hamptons To Cape Cod
Summer is around the corner and luxury resorts from the Hamptons to the Cape are gearing up for their high season with new pools, renovated rooms, updated programming and more.
Below, we’ve rounded up Northeast hotspots you won’t want to miss this summer, and news for each. Take a look below and start planning your summer destination!
NEW for Gurney’s Montauk
- A complete refresh of the famed Beach Club, set on Gurney’s 2,000 ft private beach.
- For the first time ever, the Gurney’s Fashion Collective will have it’s pop-up series beachside, right on Gurney’s private beach at the newly relaunched Beach Club. Brands will include fashion and lifestyle brands like The Daily Edited.
- Gurney’s can arrange transportation between Gurney’s Montauk and the newest property for Gurney’s Resorts, Gurney’s Newport in Rhode Island — in under 15 minutes you’ll land directly on Gurney’s 22-slip marina in Newport by seaplane.
Winnetu Oceanside Resort | Martha’s Vineyard, MA
NEW: For summer 2018, Winnetu will debut a brand new outdoor pool and eight poolside cabanas complete with food and beverage service, a hot tub for cooler nights, and an upgraded poolside grill adjacent to the pool for the ultimate New England bites.
Set beside the natural dunes and at the head of world-class hiking and biking trails, the Winnetu epitomizes the best of island living for guests of all ages. Summer is the perfect time to visit and enjoy a variety of activities including: a variety of swimming pools, yoga classes, biking, kayaking, golf and deep sea fishing.
Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina | Newport, RI
NEW for Gurney’s Newport:
· Volvo Ocean Race (May 8–20): As the official port partner and entertainment partner of the North American stopover, the resort will offer live music and entertainment, watching parties featuring New England Clambakes and BBQ, specialty cocktails and themed menu items throughout the Newport leg of the race.
- Fashion Collective at Gurney’s: Poolside fashion and lifestyle pop-ups between Memorial Day and Labor Day from brands including The Daily Edited, Kendra Scott and TopShop.
- Dock and Dine: Gurney’s features their own 22-slip marina — guests can dock right outside of the resort’s Italian restaurant, Scarpetta, where they can dine on board, inside or on the restaurant patio
- Newport to Montauk: Gurney’s can arrange for guests to experience both of their properties in under 15 minutes — the property can arrange a seaplane to pick you up right from their 22-slip marina and land in Montauk and their sister property, in less than 15 minutes
- Live music every weekend poolside at The Pineapple Club
Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club | Cape Cod, MA
NEW: For the first time, Ocean Edge Resort is allowing pets with 16 pet-friendly rooms at the Villages at Ocean Edge. Furry friends will receive a plush pet bed, food and water bowls, mat, and treats throughout the stay.
The family-friendly Villages side puts you steps away from Cape Cod’s only 18-hole Nicklaus Design golf course, pools and tennis courts, kayaking on Blueberry Pond, and the 26-mile Bike & Rail Trail. Guests of Ocean Edge and locals alike can also enjoy the new Beach House Spa, which opened summer 2017 and offers a host of services inspired by the natural surround of Cape Cod Bay.
The Nantucket Hotel & Resort | Nantucket, MA
NEW for The Nantucket:
- Beer Garden at The Nantucket: The Nantucket Hotel is turning their front porch into a beer garden for the summer! They’ll have a small menu of items like beer cheese fries, wurst platte, pate and pretzel with mustard along with a selection of beers from the local Cisco Brewery and classic German beers. They will also have live entertainment.
- Yoga + Beer: The Nantucket will offer yoga followed by beer tastings in partnership with Cisco Brewery
- Fashion Partnerships: The Nantucket has partnered with BASK to bring their signature Terry cloth blazers to the island. BASK is creating a signature look for the staff of The Nantucket, and will be sold in the shop.