Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and to say that people in New York City take it seriously is an understatement! There’s always some Halloween party happening across the city, but please take a look at a few suggested parties for you to attend.
Loco Monday’s at Bodegra Negra — 10/30, starts at 10:30pm
Bodega Negra’s favorite Monday night Mexican dinner party will take on a spooky twist Monday, 10/30. The boozy weekly suppers, held at Bodega Negra in the Dream Downtown hotel, are spiked with variety acts like fire-breathers, burlesque performers in Dia de los Muertos makeup and a tabletop dancer who prances to the Champ’s “Tequila.”
They are hosting a costume contest for the night where the top three costumes will win some loco prizes. PLUS, special Halloween offerings -Don Huevo Orange dessert ($16), with all the flavors of an ice cream sundae, Bodega Negra’s Don Huevo has a delectable dome-shaped dessert hiding inside its white chocolate dome.
After the server pours hot modelo caramel sauce on top, the dome melts open like a flower to reveal a dark chocolate molten cake topped with a scoop of horchata ice cream. Also their Loco Halloween cocktail with activated charcoal with an orange salt rim and dehydrated pumpkin garnish.
Dia de los Muertos at Street Taco — 10/28–11/2
Street Taco is going all out for Day of the Dead, offering food and beverage specials throughout the week, plus one big night full of deadly fun over the weekend.
Saturday Oct. 28th:
- Street Taco will be decked out in Day of the Dead decorations
- DJ MK spinning all night
- Costumes highly encouraged!
Oct. 28th-Nov. 2nd:
- Pig Head Carnitas Taco offered for $5 special (pig head carnitas, chicharrones, avocado crema, onion, serrano salsa, cilantro)
- Drink specials of Blood Orange Margarita ($8) and Witches Brew Sangria ($6) both offered
LIMITED TIME — Oct. 31st-Nov. 2nd: Dia de los Puercos
- Large Format DIY Pig’s Head Dinner Fiesta — Roasted succulent Half Pig’s Head served with Corn Pops, Salsa, Accoutrements and Churros! $150 total (not including tax and gratuity) Beverages not included. Feast serves 4–5 people
- Secured reservations required with 72 hours notice and credit card available at 7pm and 9pm ONLY with 2 seatings per time slot, per night!
- Inquiries, Questions and Reservation requests email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zombie Prom at Mr. Purple — 10/27, starts at 10pm
Mr. Purple is hosting a Zombie Prom themed Halloween party on Friday, October 27th at 10pm. Your deadliest formal attire is strongly encouraged and DJ Danga will be spinning all night. Can you think of a better way to celebrate Halloween than with 360 degree breathtaking views of the city? Didn’t think so…so join us for Mr. Purple’s Zombie Prom — it’ll be a night to dismember!
Halloween Party at The VNYL — 10/31, starts at 8pm
Spells & Curses (a band!) performing in the main room
Special $10 cocktail called Black Sclera (including Activated charcoal, beet juice and more!)
The Devil’s Birthday Bash at The Roof — 10/27, starts at 9pm
Come celebrate all of your sins at The Roof on Friday, October 27th at 9pm. Themed costumes are strongly encouraged and Chazz Rockwell will be spinning all night. Tickets are not being sold, but table reservations are strongly encouraged, especially for groups of 6 or more.