Enjoy New Pumpkin Spice & Apple Pie Collagen Bars From Bulletproof
It’s almost fall and that means fall food trends are so close we can taste it — literally! Starting this September, Bulletproof — best known for starting the fat-for-fuel movement with their Bulletproof Coffee — will launch two new Collagen Protein Bars, in Apple Pie and Pumpkin Spice.
Most fall treats are packed to the brim with sugars and sticky syrups, which negate all the goodness these flavors have to offer! However, Bulletproof Apple Pie and Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice bars are packed with collagen and Brain Octane Oil to help burn fat, improve digestive health & keep you focused. A plus? These bars are made with no added sugar.
- 1 small organic apple, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons non-GMO erythritol, birch xylitol, or stevia
- 4 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon pure maple extract
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 Apple Pie Collagen Protein Bar, cut into chunks
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. When it bubbles, add apple, cinnamon, and sweetener. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples soften and sugars begin to caramelize.
- Add remaining butter, vanilla, maple extract, and salt. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated.
- Add mixture to a high-powered blender and blend for 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
- Add collagen bar chunks and blend again for about 10 seconds, using the lowest speed to avoid damaging delicate proteins.
- Pour fat bomb mixture into silicone molds, a stainless steel ice cube tray, or a lined muffin tin. Freeze for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Remove fat bombs from molds and store covered in the freezer