Elevate your dishes with Ruinart Sillery Spice Blend by La Boite
TGIF and we are happy to share the news of the new limited-edition Ruinart Sillery Spice Box Set as you start planning your holiday dinners and gatherings.
Ruinart Sillery is an exclusive spice blend that celebrates and complements the famed Ruinart Blanc de Blancs and marks the second time Ruinart Chef de Caves Frederic Panaïotis and world renowned spice master, Lior Lev Sercarz of La Boîte have teamed up to craft a one of a kind spice blend that pairs perfectly with Maison Ruinart’s signature champagnes.
Named in honor of the 18th century vineyard where the chardonnay grapes for Ruinart Blanc de Blancs are grown, the Ruinart Sillery spice is sold in a collectible signed wooden box alongside a bottle of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs for $99.99 on Clos19.com. Each set also includes a recipe card with pairing and recipe inspiration by Lev Sercarz– making this the perfect, gift for culinary and wine lovers!
SILLERY SPICED SAUTÉED SHRIMP, CELERY AND APPLE SLAW (SERVES 4)
- 1.5 pounds large shrimp — shells removed and deveined
- Sillery spice
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 medium lemon — zested and juiced
- 3 cups chopped celery — ¼ inch dice
- 1 fuji apple — peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts — toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions — washed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Olive oil
- In a bowl toss the shrimp with 1–1/2 teaspoons of Sillery spice and refrigerate (for up to one hour ahead of cooking).
- Whisk the tahini in a bowl with water and lemon juice to make a sauce, salt to taste.
- In another bowl combine the apple, celery, raisins, lemon zest, scallions, walnuts, a few pinches of Sillery spice, and half of the tahini sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and cook for about 90 seconds on each side.
- Work in batches and make sure not to crowd the pan.
- Place some of the slaw on each plate, top with the cooked shrimp and drizzle the reserved tahini sauce on top.
- Serve with a glass of Ruinart blanc de blanc.
- Combine one tablespoon of Ruinart Sillery with 1 cup of soft fresh goat cheese to spread over grilled country bread and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Generously season pork chops with Ruinart Sillery spice and pan fry while basting with some butter and honey.
- Toss diced fresh manos and pineapples with a few pinches of Ruinart Sillery spice. Add a bit of lemon dressing and serve with grilled chicken.