Dos Caminos has launched a new menu under Concept Executive Chef Ariel Fox featuring a selection of delicious new items. Chef Ariel Fox, who came to Dos Caminos in October of last year, has introduced dishes that reflect her passion for fresh, seasonal and sustainable food.
New menu items include:
- Ceviche Verde: Ginger mezcal leche de tigre, white fish, avocado, radish, cucumber, pickled red onion
- Sandia Salad: Watermelon, jicama, toasted pepitas, papaya grapefruit emulsion, cotija cheese, citrus honey vinaigrette dressing, ancho dust
- Tostadas de Pulpo: Coriander marinated braised grilled octopus, crispy corn tostadas, avocado, heirloom cherry tomatoes, roasted potato, shaved celery, smoky chorizo aioli
- Smoked Mushroom Taco: Smoked stewed oyster mushrooms a la Mexicana, guacamole, pico de gallo, crema, cojita cheese
- Costillas con Maiz: 7-hour braised pork ribs grilled and glazed with Modelo, pineapple and Yucatan dark honey, chiles torredaos, crispy onions with soft tamale corn pudding
Inspiration for the new menu came from Chef Ariel Fox’s simple and seasonal style. Chef Ariel Fox’s thoughtful use of ingredients, coupled with classic techniques, produces a refreshing modern experience with authentic Mexican cuisine.
“Mexican cuisine is very ancient with a lot of deep rooted history,” says Chef Ariel Fox. “I want to show people its other identity which is wild, progressive, and re-imagined. Let us pay homage to Mexico’s authentic and diverse ingredients and embrace the new.”
A devotee of the sustainable food movement, Chef Ariel Fox sources artisanal ingredients from a variety of sustainable farms and provisions, many of which are local to New York.
New items to the lunch and brunch menu, such as the El Mexicano Burger made with Allen Brother’s natural beef, have been added, as well as new additions to the Happy Hour menu which include Mexican Sliders and Alitas de Pollo. A selection of classic, customer favorites such as Guacamole, Skirt Steak Asada and Oaxacan Shrimp Quesadilla will remain on the menu.
The new menu is now available at all five Dos Caminos locations: Meatpacking, Park Avenue, Soho, Third Avenue, Times Square.