Celebrate National Vodka Day With These Exclusive Brands & Recipes
Want to celebrate National Vodka Day in style this October 4th? We got the best vodka brands and recipes to make your day super sweet! We know that all drinks are not created equal. And National Vodka Day is a good time to take a closer look at this staple of every corner bar.
Vodka may have some virtues. Clear liquor contains fewer congeners, compounds besides alcohol produced during fermentation and may contribute to the severity of hangovers. Many drinkers look to vodka as a lower calorie option that could be healthier than drinking “antioxidant-rich” red wine. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite vodka brands and recipes:
Simple Vodka was started with a simple purpose: to help the 1 in 8 people in America who are food insecure by donating 20 meals to hunger relief programs for every bottle made. For National Vodka Day, people everywhere can help the cause by ordering a Simple Vodka cocktail, which is the equivalent to one meal donated. By the end of 2019, Simple is projected to donate 1,000,000 meals and every National Vodka Day cocktail counts.
SVEDKA Vodka has been making its mark since it was first imported in 1998. It’s now the #1 imported vodka and the #8 spirit brand in the United States. And its popularity keeps growing.
Imported to the US from Sweden — a country that has been perfecting vodka for centuries — SVEDKA Vodka is proudly named after its country of origin. The word SVEDKA is a portmanteau of the word ‘Svenska’ (meaning ‘Swedish’) and ‘Vodka’ (derived from the Slavic word ‘voda’). As these two words are combined, SVEDKA is a name as catchy as it is clever — fitting for a brand renowned for its character, quality, and value.
Enjoy Ciroc Lola using CÎROC™ Ultra-Premium Vodka, pomegranate juice, elderflower liqueur and a splash of champagne.
- 1.5 oz. CÎROC™ Vodka
- 1.5 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 0.25 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 splash of Champagne
- 1. Combine CÎROC™ Vodka, Pomegranate Juice and Elderflower Liqueur in a shaker with ice.
- 2. Shake well and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- 3. Top with a splash of Champagne.
- 4. Garnish with Orchid flower.
SVEDKA FRESA BANDITO
- 2 Parts Svedka Rosé
- 1 Part Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Whole Berry Strawberry
- 0.5 Parts Simple Syrup
- 3 Sprigs Cilantro
- Splash Club Soda
- MUDDLE all ingredients except soda water in a shaker tin
- ADD ice
- STRAIN into a Collins glass over ice
- TOP with soda
- GARNISH with another strawberry and cilantro sprigs
SVEDKA CENTURION MARTINI
- 2 1/2 parts Svedka 100 Proof
- 1/2 part Dry Vermouth
- (optional) dash Aromatic Orange Bitters
- COMBINE all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and stir or shake until cold.
- POUR into a chilled Martini glass.
- GARNISH with olives.
SVEDKA SPIKED SPA WATER
- 1 1/2 parts Svedka Cucumber Lime
- 3/4 part Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 part Orange Curaçao
- COMBINE all ingredients, except bitters, in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- SHAKE and strain over fresh ice into a sugar-rimmed tall glass.
- GARNISH with cucumber slices and a float of bitters.
The Belvedere Spice of Life
- 1.5oz. Belvedere Vodka
- 5oz. Carrot Juice
- .75oz. Lemon Juice
- Half bar spoon of grated ginger or ginger syrup
- .5 bar spoon of miso or dashi powder
- .25oz. honey syrup
- Dash of chili flakes
- Carrot leaves
DIRECTIONS: Place all ingredients in a shaker and shake with two ice cubes. Strain over fresh ice in a highball glass. Garnish with chili flakes and carrot leaves.
- 1.5oz. Belvedere Vodka
- .75oz. Simple Syrup
- .75oz. Lemon Juice
- Moët & Chandon Impérial Brut
DIRECTIONS: Add all ingredients, except champagne, to a shaker with ice and shake. Strain into a champagne flute and top with Moët & Chandon Impérial Brut.
Remember the Grain
- 1.5oz. Belvedere Smogory Forest
- .60 Cherry Heering
- .30oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Absinthe
- 2 dashes Chocolate Bitters
DIRECTIONS: Stir all ingredients over cubes ice in mixing glass and strain into chilled glass over large ice cube.
Belvedere’s Famed Classic Martini
- 2oz. Belvedere Vodka
- .25oz. French Fortified Wine
- Pink Grapefruit Twist
DIRECTIONS: Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and stir over ice until very cold. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a pink grapefruit twist.
Lime & Strawberry Drop Martini
2 ounces Seagram’s Lime Vodka
1 ounce lime juice
½ ounce strawberry simple syrup
½ ounce triple sec
- Rim your glass with sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients
- Fine strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish & Enjoy!
2 ounces of Seagram’s Extra Smooth
4 ounces of grapefruit juice
¼ ounce of grenadine
Grapefruit and umbrella garnish
Add grenadine to a highball glass
Add grapefruit juice and Seagram’s Extra Smooth to a shaker
Shake then strain over ice into highball glass
Garnish with grapefruit slice
1.5 Crystal Head Vodka
.5 oz Cedilla Açaí liquor
.5 oz Lime
.5 oz Ginger simple
4 mint leaves
2 oz. Crystal Head Vodka
1 oz. Benedictine
Garnish: Lemon twist
Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice and stir gently.
Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
Depressed in Tokyo
You can head to Hudson Yards to enjoy this cocktail at queensyard. Depressed in Tokyo pays homage to the mood-boosting benefits of Japanese cuisine (such as seaweed’s production of serotonin), this martini includes a layered fusion of vodka, mint sake, olives marinated in mezcal and truffle oil, soy-sauce caviar of salmon and dehydrated seaweed — chosen due to their molecular ability to generate feelings of happiness and tranquility.