Celebrate Dia de Los Muertos Celebration at Bodgea Negra
For the first time ever at Meatpacking’s Mexican hotspot Bodega Negra, the annual celebration of Dia de Los Muertos, otherwise known as the Day of the Dead, will be taking place with a four night dinner party experience with specialty menu items that are exclusively available from October 31st — November 3rd.
Specialty menu offerings, curated by Executive Chef Bradley Warner and Pastry Chef Paola Marocchi, include:
- Ceviche Negro ($20) — Shrimp, Lobster, Pasilla Negra Chile, Smoked Black Lava Salt
- Albondigas ($17) — Mole Blanco, Black Garlic, Pomegranate Seeds, Marigold Petals
- Smoked Brisket Tacos Suaderos ($21) — Tamarind Chile Rub, Pickled Plum Salsita, Pistachio Tortilla
- Tamales ($15) — Mole Negro, Huitlacoche, Poblano Rajas, Goat Cheese
- Calabaza “Esquites” ($14) — Roast Pumpkin, Black Beans, Serrano Aioli, Queso Blanco, Epazote
- Don Huevo Calavera ($22) — Dark Chocolate Molten Cake, Horchata Ice Cream, Negra Modelo Caramel Sauce
- Bodega’s Ofrenda ($18) — Don Julio 70, Blood Orange Purée, Agave, Lime Juice, Coconut Water, Black Walnut Bitters, Egg White
With life size skeletons in traditional dress and servers in floral headpieces, gloves and top hats, guests will be able to adorn themselves in vibrant face paint by on-site artists. Custom decor highlights include: altar-shrines with marigolds and roses, picture frames with photos of late celebrities, candles, sugar skulls & figurines and papel picado, among others.