Celebrate Día de los Muertos With Tequila Don Julio
Día de los Muertos is a traditional Mexican holiday dedicated to celebrating the lives of our loved ones. In celebration of Día de los Muertos this weekend, Tequila Don Julio has partnered with The Infatuation to bring together six celebrated Mexican chefs across the US to collaborate and create Tequila Don Julio cocktails that pair perfectly with family-style meals.
The chefs from New York, Los Angeles and Texas have curated specialty cocktail pairings inspired by their mentors and treasured traditions with friends and family.
The three custom collaborations will be served up October 31st-November 2nd by the chefs to bring people together over authentic food and drink for the holiday, and consist of one custom cocktail coupled with their own version of a family meal.
- Houston Chef Ruben Delgado X Los Angeles Chef Edgar Santiago: “La Catrina” Tequila Don Julio Reposado, Mexican corn liqueur, blood orange cordial and lemon juice
- New York Chef Alan Delgado X Los Angeles Chef Joshua Gil: “Día de los Muertos Margarita” Tequila Don Julio Blanco infused with hoja santa and serrano peppers, activated charcoal, agave and marigolds
- Austin Chef Justin Delgado X New York Chef Manuel Quintero: “Margarita Clasica” Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime juice, orange liqueur, organic agave
The specialty Día de los Muertos cocktail pairings can be ordered for delivery from the below establishments between October 31st-November 2nd:
- Chef Ruben Delgado: Hugo’s in Houston
- Chef Edgar Santiago: Guelaguetza in Los Angeles
- Chef Joshua Gil: Mirame in Los Angeles
- Chef Alan Delgado: Oxomoco in NYC
- Chef Justin Delgado: Licha’s Cantina in Austin
- Chef Martin Quintero: La Contenta in NYC
For every cocktail purchased between 10/31–11/2, Tequila Don Julio will donate $25, up to $25,000 (no minimum donation), to the Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation in support of the bar and restaurant community during this challenging time.